Can't connect through router - but can without!

Hi, newbie here! When I connect through my D-Link 300G modem via Ethernet card I can get online. If I try from same modem via Parkervision Wireless wr1500 I can't.

I'm pretty sure set-up is o.k.

Any suggestions?

stefos

Reply to
stefos
Loading thread data ...

Check if your provider is using PPPoE and make sure you configure the wr1500 for that option. Also, can you pink the internal IP address of the wr1500 when connected using wireless? if so, then your ISP may be blocking based on MAC address. Open a command prompt in windows and type 'ipconfig /all' and record the hardware or MAC address of your ethernet card(not your wireless card). Then in the wr1500 settings, find the WAN MAC address section. This is not the wireless security MAC address section that allows users to connect to the wireless based on their wireless MAC. Set the router's WAN MAC to the MAC of your ethernet card that you recorded earlier and save/reset the router. When the router comes back up, check if it has a WAN IP from the dlink

300g modem. If it does, you should be able to ping 4.2.2.2 from your wireless PC. If you can ping 4.2.2.2 but cannot reach the internet, then you have a DNS problem...
Reply to
kevincw01

One reason could be your firewall settings. Check the new IP-number your router issues has the same security level (trusted zone?) as the original IP-number you get without the router. Took me a couple of days to figure that out after I'd all but given up hope in a similar tho wired situation....

Paul "stefos" schreef in bericht news:dsdevt$je$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Reply to
Paul

Thanks for your replies fellas.

I shall give it a try and let you know if successful!

stefos

Reply to
stefos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.