Can ping, but not browse on xp client pcs

Hello - I have an internal adsl modem and a wifi router to two client computers. All works fine except can't browse with either IEx or Firefox on the clients. Ping works fine with dotted quads and URLS.

The really wierd part is that I can access one domain (Google.co.nz), but others just go into a never-ending progress bar freeze. This is only happening on the 2 clients with WiFi cards.

They worked OK with the old combo modem/router. I can also ftp out with one client OK I am using dhcp enabled on the router and auto IP address settings

Reply to
compac
Loading thread data ...

I had similar problems... try the IEx settings making sure you have nothing selected on the Connection / LAN Settings... no "Automatic" and no "Proxy".

Jurie.

Reply to
Jurie Vorster

Tried that thanks Jurie, still not working...

Reply to
compac

If you run LSP-Fix do you see any references to new.net? If so I'd remove it, that fixed a similar problem I had on one computer.

formatting link
formatting link
Mike

Reply to
Mike Scirocco

Hi Mike c- thanks for the idea.

ALL the clients are doing this, so it is setting problem somewhere I think. I can't imagine that a bug (new.net?) would have bitten all the computers simultaneously at the same time I fitted a new router setup? Ran LSP-Fix on the Host, no results

Reply to
compac

OK Problem solved - Ran WinsockxpFix.exe on the Host - looks like one of the WAP installs wrecked the Host winsock registry settings - Huge relief!!

Reply to
compac

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.