Can I use a Linksys WCG200 with an ADSL/Wireless ISP?

I have a Linksys WCG200 Wireless-G Cable Gateway (HW version 1.2b, SW version 1.1.2.9.4-1104) that I have previously used to great satisfaction with Comcast cable. I hardwire my desktop to it and use wireless to connect to a Linksys WUSB54GP on my wife's desktop and a Linksys WPC55AG on a laptop.

I recently relocated to a somewhat more remote area without cable so I'm back to dialup (YUK!) but still use the Linksys products to do file and printer sharing in my home. Cal-Ore

formatting link
has announced that it intends to soon provide "ADSL/Wireless" service in my area.

My question: Will I be able to use the WCG200 to access Cal-Ore's ADSL/Wireless service as I had previously used it with cable or will I need to purchase a new gateway device? If the latter, what Linksys product would be a drop-in sustitute for the WCG200 and provide all of the features I have previously and currently enjoyed?

adTHANKSvance!

Reply to
Michael R. Kesti
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:06:26 -0700, "Michael R. Kesti" wrote in :

1. Replace the WCG200 with a new wireless router and connect it to the DSL modem.
  2. Use the WCG200 as a wireless access point (instead of as a router, as described in the How To below) connected to a new wired router connected in turn to the DSL modem.
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.