Can connect to wireless router but not the web

Hi, I wonder if anybody could help. I am trying to connect to the web using my flatmate's wireless connection, and even though I can connect to the router itself (I get the IP address OK), no packages are sent or received (cannot connect to the web).

I have tried other unsecure wireless networks and can connect without a problem.

Tried changing the settings of the connection to my flatmate's router, he made the network unsecured, switched off the firewall, but still it does not work.

Anybody can help?

Thank you, Raul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
RaulfromSpain
Loading thread data ...

From the top: What are you using? Router, computer models and versions What did you try? How do you know you a being assigned a IP address? Did you try to connect with an Ethernet cable, what happened?

I had the problem that I had my d-link set to 22kbs transfer speed, that worked fine between two d-link devices but didn't with a third non d-link device because it was proprietary to d-link,so had to set transfer rate to 11kbs.

Reply to
curly Bill

Do share your connection setup details . How did you confirm that packets are not going to and fro ? Did you try any kind of packet analyser ? Can you get some information from that log that you have captured ?

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.