Can connect to router but not internet!

Hello All,

I'm new to this group and could use some help. I have a Linksys WRK54G ver1.1. I have been using a WPA-PSK encryption with no problem. Unfortunately, I recently switched it to a 128-bit WEP because my wife's computer only seems to support it. Now I can connect to the router but can't get on the internet. When I check the connection details it detects: Physical Address, IP Address, and Subnet Mask. It doesn't detect: Default Gateway, DNS Server, and WINS Server.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
TedinToronto
Loading thread data ...

On 18 Oct 2006 17:28:00 -0700, "TedinToronto" wrote in :

You're not actually connected -- that's just a Windoze Lie. Likely problem is bad WEP password -- enter all WEP passwords in *hex* (*not* ASCII).

Reply to
John Navas

"TedinToronto" hath wroth:

Use the 26 character Hex WEP key instead of the 13 character ASCII WEP key. There are problems translating from ASCII to Hex on some units. Hex always works.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
TedinToronto

"TedinToronto" hath wroth:

Yes, something like that. Hex is 0-9 and A thru F only. The Hex key must be exactly 10 characters long for WEP64, or 26 characters long for WEP128. If you're using 5 characters or 13 characters, it's really ASCII, not WEP.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:02:26 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Typo correction: "really ASCII, not hex."

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.