BULLSHIT ADAPTER SOFTWARE

Is there a program that actually works under Windoze in showing the real throughput of a client adapter? Software with my radio certainly does not, nor does netstumbler. Little or no relation to what they show and the actual data speed of the connection.

Reply to
urnamehere
Loading thread data ...

I currently use a program called Bandwidth Monitor and before that I used a program called DUMeter. NetMeter is another one, IIRC, and of course there's always the built-in Windows utilities.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Any particular version of Windoze? Win 3.1, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7 ???

Any particular "radio" that you're using?

I'm not sure what you're doing, but the XP, Vista, and Win 7 the Task Mger and Performance Monitor that come with these versions of Windoze do a rather nice job. For XP:

Task Mgr: Right click on Task Bar -> Task Manager -> Networking

Perfmon: Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Performance Tweak the setting so that it shows various network performance values. Right click on graph -> Add Counters -> Network

If you happen to be interested in how fast your wireless can go, download JPerf, setup a wired machine to act as an IPerf server, and measure your wireless performance.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

formatting link
Free. Highly configurable. Small, portable version available. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

can you clone yourself? we need more of you here. :-)

Reply to
urnamehere

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.