Built in Wireless not connected

Hey all, my laptop is a COMPAQ PRESARIO V5204NR and it has a built in wireless 802.11b/g wireless LAN, i have my cable modem connected and my linksys router connected throwing those wireless waves out there, my laptop picked it up and for days its been working beautifully, next day, for some reason it wont connect. Went to NETWORK CONNECTIONS, and now it says WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION 2 / NOT CONNECTED / FIREWALLED / broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Please help, Jenna

Reply to
5starrgeneral
Loading thread data ...

On 5 Feb 2007 12:08:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Might you have accidentally turned off the wireless card?

Otherwise, turn off _all_ security on your Linksys wireless router while troubleshooting the problem.

Reply to
John Navas

Thank you for the fast response, Now in network Connections, i right clicked it and try to repair it, nothing, disable it and enabled it, nothing. Is that what u mean by turning off the wireless card/ and if not how could i turn it back on? thank you so much Jenna

Reply to
5starrgeneral

John was referring to the "Wireless" on/off button, I think it is just above the F5 key.

Reply to
Kev

I think John meant via the keyboard..........something like Fn + F2 but this does what you have taken the long route to do.

Reply to
M60

On 5 Feb 2007 12:28:59 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

That's not what I meant. Many laptops have a switch or hotkey combination that turns the wireless on and off, and it's all to easy to accidentally or unknowingly turn it off. Check your documentation for something like that, and be sure your wireless is turned on.

Also, it can be helpful to take your laptop to a public Wi-Fi hotspot (e.g., public library), and see if you can get it to connect there.

Reply to
John Navas

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:47:06 -0000, "M60" wrote in :

In at least some laptops Windows Repair will _not_ work if the wireless has been turned off.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.