Building NAT via Wireless CArd!

Being that you have, as you put it, "installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors", I am assuming that you are surfing the internet at your neighbor's expense. If that is the case, have your neighbor(s) consented to such action? Depending on your neighbor's knowledge of computers and networking, they can detect an unauthorized presence on their network. Now, to answer your question: If you have permission to use your neighbor's internet services, you may be able to extend the signal with a repeater.

Reply to
Doug Jamal
Loading thread data ...

i have installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors and it works fine..

as the signal cannot cover my whole house... so i'm thinking of adding a 2nd Wifi Card and install in Adhoc mode to cover my house..

any better suggestion ?

Reply to
KSGoh

obviously, i'm someone who's lucky enough to get a neighbor who's willing to let me into their network for free.... and on top of that they even give me the access to their to configure the AP fro them...

to summarise.. i'm look>> i have installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors and it works >> fine..

Reply to
KSGoh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.