Buggy Realtek Drivers

Anyone know of any more recent drivers than 5313 circa 2008 for realtek 8187 usb radio chip. Ones I have are buggy as hell. Only thing I could find was 3rd party ones that work only under linux; using xp on this box.

Reply to
clover
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
(wraps) []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Shadow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

for

under

&getdown=false&downloads=true

nothing at that link. did you actually see a later driver than the one in mentioned? I searched realtek page before could not find anything later than ver 5313 circa 2008

Reply to
clover

Shadow wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

for

under

&getdown=false&downloads=true

Thanks I found the link but am guessing that my alfa radio is single chip b/g. I don't think there's anything in the manual that gives the exact number of the chipset; don't recognize anything in the download link, except that my radio I think is b/g not not b/g/n. Other ones look like they are for Mac computers?

Reply to
clover

They are b/g . I have one. From my link: (enable javascript at realtek)

RTL8187L UI and Driver auto installation package(support XP/Vista/Win7)(Beta)

1316 2011/2/8 25694k

RTL8187B UI and Driver auto install package(Support XP/Vista/Win7) 1181

2011/2/8 16809k

You have to decide what your chipset is. RTL8187L or 8187B. Both drivers are dated 8th Feb 2011 Sure it's not an old RTL8185L ? Dated 25th Jan 2010.

Windows XP(32bit/64bit)/2K Driver Only 1114 2010/1/25 []'s

Check out the hardware info in hardware manager and google it.

I also have an old RTL8180, also b/g, but an almighty PITA to configure under linux. This one was last updated in 2005.

Reply to
Shadow

If it's an Alfa B/G then the chipset will be 8187L

I've used these adpters for years with XP Pro and Home and had no problems - provided you use the Realtek application to manage the adapter.

If you try using Windoze to manage the chipset then you are asking for trouble.

Reply to
Dr Who

OK THANKS ALOT SHADOW AND DRWHO! (NOTHING FOLLOWS)

clover wrote in news:ij2m76$maa$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

hell.

is

manual

OK THANKS ALOT SHADOW AND DRWHO! (NOTHING FOLLOWS)

Reply to
clover

I had an Alfa awus036H for a couple of years and then it died. I got a cheaper clone,

formatting link
and it only lasted about 6 weeks and it has died. I don't know why I'm having these problems. Seems to be the same problem with both, the computer doesn't even recognize that the USB cable has been plugged in. Now I see the Alfa is down to $25.00, $3000 with shipping, I'll get another. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.