Buffering problem with Belkin Wireless Router and RealPlayer 10.5

Hello everyone,

I would like to check if anyone else have the same trouble as I have.

When listening to

formatting link
with RealPlayer 10.5, the stream (128 kbps) keeps buffering after 1-10 minutes. RealPlayer cannot connect again, and I have to hit Stop and Play buttons to get the stream working.

I use a Wireless router from Belkin. I contacted their customer support, and they suggested that I should configure (at their Web site) the Belkin Firewall to add RealPlayer in the Virtual Servers section, using Inbound Ports for TCP and UDP (User Datagram Protocol). It did not help.

So, I would like to know if someone out there have the same buffering problem I have. Or, even better, have a solution.

If I plug the Internet cable directly into my computer (bypassing the Belkin Firewall and router), the stream does not buffer.

Thanks, Thomas Jedenfelt

My equipment: - Toshiba Satellite A60 (year 2004) - Windows XP Home, Service Pack 1 - 802.11b Belkin Wireless Router (F5D6231-4) - 10 Mbps broadband Internet connection

Reply to
Thomas Jedenfelt
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.