Buffalo wzr-hp-g450h FCC data

FCC ID fdi-09101912-0

formatting link
formatting link

If the tiny URL doesn't work, you will have to "rewrap" the link to the FCC.

For some reason, a direct search on the FCC ID doesn't work. This database has always been odd.

It looks as if they try to shield various areas of the PCB. Not much of a shield though unless the test lab pulled the rest of the shield to take the photos. Otherwise, the build quality looks fine. You can see it has unpopulated sections, so presumably it makes a few units too.

Power is around 24dbm. Antennas are detachable. Connector is reverse sma.

On the RF exposure page, they are lumping together all three antennas, but I thought MIMO only used one antenna at a time.

Reply to
miso
Loading thread data ...

Brackets usually seem to work.

Reply to
Char Jackson

The FCC went through considerable effort to prevent anyone from linking to specific FCC ID pages, or directly accessing a page without the stupid legal disclaimer. It's been like that for about 2 years.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Sorta. When I right click on any of the links on that page, copy the link, and paste the link into a web browser, I get: "you are not authorized to access this page".

For example, when I right click on the "Internal Photos" link on the above page, copy the link, and paste the link:

into a new browser page, I get the above error. It's fairly difficult to screw it up this badly by accident. Therefore it must have been done intentionally.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Sorry, no, I only meant brackets usually seem to work when attempting to post long URLs without worrying about line wrap.

I didn't mean to make any representation regarding what may lie ahead at that location.

Reply to
Char Jackson

No, I mean plugging in the product code doesn't work. I put in the first three as usual, then I tried a number of variations on entering the rest of the code.

fdi

09101912-0

or fdi

Caps or lower case made no difference. Per the FCC website:

"The Product Code is the non-grantee code portion of the FCC ID. The Product Code may include hyphens and/or dashes (-). "

A hyphen and a dash are different?

Thus the dash should be what you use. No difference with firefox or explorer. The way I found the product was to search all FDI products but with a date restriction since the router is relatively new. Then I eyeballed the proper code.

Reply to
miso

They're the same. However, you have to put in the code (in two parts) EXACTLY the way it's scribbled on the serial number sticker. That includes leading spaces, cryptic symbols, and indistinguishable zero and "oh" letters. The trick I use is to only search for the grantee code (the first 3 letters), and try to deduce the formatting for the rest of the code by looking at the returns.

Many manufacturers have more than one grantee code. I go to the grantee search page:

which shows FDI and ZJ5 as prefixes for Buffalo (of Japan).

Yeah, you forgot the leading dash. The FCC ID on the serial number is shown as: FDI-09101912-0 which transmogrifies into FCC search lingo as: FDI -09101912-0 including the leading dash. I just tried it and it works.

Note that you may also run into a few ID's that have leading spaces. Yes, you have to include the leading space in the Product Code.

Sigh. The FBI case management system and the FCC are the only search engines that can't seem to handle regex and/or sub-strings.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.