Buffalo WLA2-G54L missing 802.1x support??

I recently ordered a Buffalo WLA2-G54L access point based on (among other things) the claim on on the Buffalo web site that it has "support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) with TKIP, AES, 802.1x". This is a new AP that replaced the older WLA-G54.

When I recieved the AP and set it up, the configuration screens have no visible mention of 802.1x support (like a place to configure a RADIUS server). When I contacted the tech support people (US) their eventual response was "uh, its not supposed to support 802.1x, even though the web site, spec sheet and manual say it does".

Has anyone else run into this?

Anyone know of a workaround?

Anyone know how to get the attention of the Buffalo home office?

Thanks,

Reply to
Joe Matuscak
Loading thread data ...

Seeing how your support call may have been answered in India. Have you checked the Buffalo site for a later firmware version? Could be you have one that is downlevel.

Reply to
Airhead

I forgot to mention that I did that. The only thing on the downloads for that model is the spec sheet that proudly proclaims that it supports

802.1x :-(

Thanks,

Reply to
Joe Matuscak

Quite baffling that they removed this in the new model. The only thing I can suggest is that you go back to using the WLA and return the WLA2 for a refund. And send a letter to the retailer letting them know that they're selling an item with fraudulent advertised specs.

Perhaps the proverbial two-by-four?

Reply to
Neill Massello

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.