Buffalo pci card and Asus Terminator C3

I have the subject setup and can't get a wireless connect. The wireless network is recognized but will not automatically assign an IP with dhcp. If I put an IP in manually it will connect the network, but the browser will not connect to the Internet. Now the goofy part. If I put all this together wired everything works fine. Tried two buffalo cards and a d-link air-g. Same thing every time. I even put an old drive in the system and did a clean install of XP pro with all the latest drivers

- makes no difference. Still connects wired - won't connect wirelessly. Anyone been down this road? TIA, RJ

Reply to
RJ
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 15:52:22 -0600, RJ wrote in :

Turn off _all_ security when troubleshooting.

Reply to
John Navas

FWIW the culprit turned out to be avast av. Odd because I'm running it on all other computers on the network and it causes no problems. I installed avast on a clean install of XP and as soon as it got done with the preliminary system scan it blew hell out of the dhcp/wireless connection. Tried to do a restore to an earlier recovery set point but that didn't work. Just took it off, rebooted the modem/router and away it went. Go figure :-) . RJ

Reply to
RJ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.