Buffalo G54 PCMCIA Blown?

XP is based on Windoze 2000 which is based on Windoze NT. Windoze ME is a fixed version of Windoze 98SE which fixed some problems in Windoze 98, which repaired Windoze 95, which is based on Windoze 3.1, which is built on MSDOS, which was stolen from CP/M-80.

There's a big difference between XP and W2K versus Windoze NT. Microsoft tried to rewrite the drivers for NT using a different system than the previous Windoze 95/98/ME. However, there were 10 times as many drivers available for 95/98/ME than for NT. So, with Windoze

2000 and later XP, they want back to the 95/98/ME standard. In general, XP and W2K drivers are very similar to 95/98/ME but unfortunately, not interchangeable.

Probably the defaults. Is there a reset to defaults button?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Have I toasted my wireless Buffalo PCMCIA Card. Was working OK, downloaded some up to date drivers and now when running IPConfig /all it says that the media is diconnected?

I did reconnect it when the laptop was switched on, I thought PCMCIA Cards where hot swappable?

Surely though if it was blown it wouldn't show up in IPConfig?

The power lght on the card is on but the Data activity light is not showing?

I also updated the Buffalo Client from 2.0 to 2.1?

Reply to
Skavenger

Oops

I went back to the CD that came with the Card and re-installed the old driver and hey presto the card fired back into life, all I can assume is that I installed the wrong driver. is Windows XP Windows 9x or 2000 based?

Anyone know where I can find the optimum settings for the advamced tab in the cards properties?

Reply to
Skavenger

The properties panel I am reffering to is accessed by right clicking on the Wirless Network connection in Network connections and clicking properties/configure/advanced. This advanced tab is only available when logging into an account with admin priviliages. There is no default button.

It allows you to configure things like: Afterburner Antenna Diversity AP Compatability Bluetooth Collaberation IBSS 54g(tm) Mode

and loads more.

Reply to
Skavenger

This one?

formatting link
I can't find any starting settings for the card with Google. I suggest you install the driver and card on a different machine, scribble down the default settings, and transfer the settings to your setup. It might be possible to find someone that has the same card that can supply the settings. Of course, you could call Buffalo for help.
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.