Buffalo AirStation G54

I have a usb wireless card(Buffalo AirStation G54),I plug into my desktop computer, but WIN XP can't find it , I plug it into another desktop computer ,WIN XP still can't find it,I think the card maybe broken, But when I plug it into my NB, The XP in my NB found it and its worked. What happend to my wireless card?

Reply to
orion
Loading thread data ...

"orion" hath wroth:

I'm confused. What does "can't find it" really mean? Is it:

1. Nothing happens when you plug it in?
  2. Windoze Plug and Play can't find a suitable driver?
  3. Windoze Plug and Play loads a driver, but Wireless Zero Config can't configure the card?

What's an NB? (Thou shalt not abrev or trunc).

Depending on the answer, the usual problem is that you have to install the USB drivers *BEFORE* you plug in the USB device. In this case, it might be best to uninstall the Buffalo drivers (using add/remove software), download the latest version from the Buffalo web pile, install the drivers, and then plug in the USB device.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

find it" really mean? Is it:

Yes .Nothing happens when I plug it in.

NoteBook.

I don't install its driver. I already reinstall Win XP SP2 in my pc, But the problem is still the same. The usb wireless card work well in my two desktop pc before, But now its only work in my notebook. And other usb device(mouse,usb disk...)still can work in my desktop pc now.

>
Reply to
orion

"orion" hath wroth:

find it" really mean? Is it:

Plug in the USB device Control Panel -> Add and Remove Hardware -> Add/Troubleshoot. Does it find the Buffalo USB device? Is it listed?

It will not work if you do not install the driver. The Buffalo driver is not part of Windoze XP SP2.

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager Is the Buffalo device listed with a big red or yellow mark indicating that it's not working? If so: double click on it -> Driver -> Reinstall or uninstall driver

Installing hardware does not usually require reinstalling the entire operating system. You have effectively started over and should probably install all the Windoze updates before proceeding.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.