BT 1040 Wireless ...install problem..Help

Win98 SE (and prefer to keep using it at present)

3 year old PC desktop Currently running Bt Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem OK.

I have purchased a full BT wireless kit as follows: BT Voyager 2100 router/modem BT 1040 PCI card BT Voyager 1060 PCMCIA

Attempt to install Wireless kit: (disabled Anti-virus & firewall)

1) Unistalled the broadband105 modem & software OK (reboot) 2) Installed the 2100 OK (reboot). 3) Installed the 1040 PCI sofware OK (reboot) 4) Installed the 1040 PCI card per supplied instructions. (reboot) 5) "New hardware found and installing driver", message...to the point of addressing my Win98SE disc(on my hard drive), but it very quickly switched to my desktop where ALL action stopped & I had to reboot. Any further attempts to boot PC failed except into Safe Mode, where I noticed in device manager the card was showing but I was unable to access details due to being in Safe mode. I had then to uninstall the 1040 software & remove that card to resume "normal" operations. I then reverted back to where I am now...Bt voyager 105 broadband which is fine Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrh.

In My current device manager under "network adapters" there are 2 entries:

1) BT voyager 105 ADSL modem 2) Dial-up adapter.

Anyone had similar experience please?? Any other suggestions

Reply to
tel
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.