Broadcasting signal from Wireless router??

I have a work area that is not wired for a network. I use this area to test/repair computers for my company. I need to connect to the company network. What I want to do is have a wireless router in the one room, (which they have physically connected to the network.) And then using this a new wireless router pick up the signal so that I can plug computers into the router so that I can connect up to the network in this remote site. In other words ... eg Network----Wirless router * * * * * * * * * * Wireless router-----Computers

I do not have wireless cards to put in all the computers in my work area. I just want to use my wireless router as a pickup point, hub to all the other computers.

I have set up wireless routers at homes and worked fine.

Here are my specific question.

Can I do this, eg pick up a signal despite the fact that there is no physical connection to the router (eg Cable/WAN/Lan port) so that my computers can use it.

Any links or web sites that would have instruction specificaly on this type of set up?

Thanks Regards

Reply to
steve
Loading thread data ...

AFAIK what you need in the 2nd location is a wireless bridge. Some routers can be put into this mode, others can't. Often, you need to have the same sort of router at each end of the link.

Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Thanks. I will look into this.

Reply to
steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.