broadcast analog to stereo/TV?

"David Hendry" wrote in news:42671fe8$0$251$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-

03.brisbane.pipenetworks. com.au:

It sounds like you are looking for something like a Mr. Microphone for your computer. (It broadcast an FM signal a short distance that you could pick up on any dead air channel on a radio.) I have never heard of anything like this, but I have never looked specifically for it.

However, there are many things that would accomplish what you are looking for. I have installed a few different ones for clients. The nomenclature for them now seems to be "Wireless Media Centers." I have used the ones made by D-Link and Linksys. They both worked well. Roku also makes one that is good, but the ones I have installed have been audio only.

Also, if you are looking to play songs that you bought specifically from iTunes, the Apple AirPort Express is your only option due to the proprietary format that iTunes uses for their secure music.

The Chairman

Reply to
The Chairman
Loading thread data ...

Is it possible to broadcast an analog signal (eg music, video) from a wireless network card (mine's an Intel PRO 2915ABG) such that a stereo or TV can tune into and play it? Thanks, David

Reply to
David Hendry

No. However you could use an Apple Iport.

Barry

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.