bluetooth usb connection

have a d-link wireless router. have a laptop and want to use a bluetooth usb adapter. Is this possible and how do I connect to the router if possible. Does bluetooth work on a particular channel as it does not seem configurable.

Many Thanks

Bazza

Reply to
bazza
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Zack

formatting link

Reply to
Zack

If you already have a wap/router, consider one of these

formatting link
Bluetooth Access Point AP-2002 Product Description ANYCOM, leader in Bluetooth, manufactures this LAN Access Point which connects to your network¿s hub or switch and allows any Bluetooth device to connect to your LAN via Bluetooth (not compatible with Apple computers or mobile phones). This will allow you to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to surf the Internet or connect to your Intranet wirelessly.

Plugs into your router ethernet, works as a second seperate AP, and give BT access to the network.....

You can use a BT dongle on a laptop to access the whole network (I did before I found this), but got rid of those, got one of these, and love it...

If you are worried about conflict, the older BT USB dongles do conflict, but the newer ones don't... (there was a post about this exact thing a while ago (IE BT conflict with WiFi wap/router, but all I recall was something about BT 1.0 and 1.2 (Think those where the numbers, original answer was from jeff, maybe he'll answer again, or you should be able to google it)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.