bluetooth and wi-fi

If your laptop (presrio v6000) supports Bluetooth,does that mean you can get wi-fi any where your cell phone can get service?

Reply to
desertpearldiver
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com hath wroth:

No. There is no connection between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. They are separate protocols and are often mutually exclusive in many laptops. I'm too lazy to check yours.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth also have nothing to do with Cellular service, which is also a serrate protocol and service.

Methinks you might want to do some reading on how Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular data works before proceeding.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I can use a bluetooth connection between my laptop and a Cingular cellphone to get access to the internet in almost any place that Cingular offers voice service, if that's what you mean.

I can surf the web, send email, and connect to my corporate VPN. The speed ranges from 30KbpS to 100KbpS for my setup, depending on where I am. Other connections and other carriers offer different speeds.

You might do a google search for cingular laptop data tether, or verizon, or sprint, or T-Mobile.

formatting link
- shop - plans - data plans.
formatting link

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.