bluetooth

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum. any if someone can help or get me a better forum, that would be very helpful.

I have a Bluetooth Mobile and Bluetooth Laptop.

1) Is it possible to use the Mobile as a wireless headset for the laptop? That means, if I can use my mobile (connected via Bluetooth to laptop) be used to yahoo chat.

2) Or if I have a Bluetooth headset, will that be connected to the Laptop or only the mobile?

Thanks guys, Joe

Reply to
Joe.Varghese.John
Loading thread data ...

On 6 Feb 2007 01:09:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Not unless your mobile supports the Bluetooth headset profile (most don't), and not unless your laptop Bluetooth stack supports the headset profile (Windows XP doesn't).

Again, you would need Bluetooth headset profile support on the laptop.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks John for ur response... I have a Sony ericsson K750i (mobile) and an HP dv5118tx Laptop..

formatting link
if you have some idea, pls let me know.. But from the information I gathered, it seems the option 1 is highly unlikely :( But I thought its a direct option as the Headset options can easily implemented.. anyway thanks again..

Reply to
Joe.Varghese.John

On 12 Feb 2007 01:24:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

I'm taking "mobile" to be a handset, not a headset.

Which can be had with a non-Windows Bluetooth stack; e.g., Widcomm.

I have some idea, and I did answer your question: "most don't".

Please fix or get a newsreader that wraps properly when quoting -- yours is dropping spaces, making quotes hard to read. Thanks.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.