Bluesocket Setup using a Cisco trunked network.

I am setting up a blue socket 2100 for testing purposes. I have a network of Cisco switches and routers using 802.1q trunking. We have a vlan setup on the managed side of the bluesocket and have setup the AP's but are not able to get ip addresses. I believe that this is due to the trunking on the network but cannot find the exact issue. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
ccoalson
Loading thread data ...

Are all devices set to the same VLAN?

I've setup several networks similar to what you are trying to do. All the devices must have matching VLAN parameters or it will fail. You'll probably need multiple VLANs configured. Management, public, private etc. DHCP on Public and Private and static IPs on the managed network.

Frank Keeney, Blog:

formatting link

Reply to
Frank

I hate to ask you this but can you be more specific? I am having trouble with trunking in a layer 3 environment. The AP's don't even see the bluesocket vlan that I made and thus, are not getting an ip addresses. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Jester

This issue has been resolved.

Reply to
Jester

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.