Block a nearby wireless?

My Centrino wireless keeps getting bumped off my own, very near, Linksys network when someone turns on their system somewhere nearby called toxicwi with no profile.

Although I have connect to my preferred network, it seems that I still get bumped.

Is there way to prevent my system from noticing and asking if I want to connect to this unknown network? I don't see why it should interfere with my preferred connection which is about 8 feet away!

Jeff ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme
Loading thread data ...

Thanks, I'll try that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

You can disable the Wireless Zero Configuration Service on theO/S and that should be better for you.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Jefferis NoSpamme wrote in news:BECC8176.28F1D% snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Change the channel on your router. You may need to try several times to get one that avoids the problem.

Reply to
McSpreader

windows zero config .. if you go to wireless networks and look at the `properties for the neighbors ssid/connection you can set it to only connect on demand. Then it will never connect to it unless you tell it to.

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.