bellsouth dsl modem

Can anyone tell me a possible brand/model of dsl modem/router that Bellsouth uses (now ATT). The modem in question is also wireless and has been in place approx 18 months.

I have to work with the configuration of this modem/router and would like to be able to find the specs/manual before going to the customer.

(installed in Kentucky)

Reply to
rieker
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:50:17 -0500, "rieker" wrote in :

Instead of guessing, suggest you call the customer and ask to have the make, model, and FCC ID read to you over the phone.

Reply to
John Navas

"rieker" hath wroth:

No clue about BellSouth, but on the left coast, AT&T has been using

2wire 2701HG modems.

In my never humble opinion, there are very nicely built and fairly easy to setup modems. Punch in the proper code:

and it's ready to install. Security is setup by default using a WEP/WPA key printed on the serial number tag. I believe the current models are delivered with a WPA key. If you get one with a WEP key set, I suggest you change it to WPA and a longer key.

Some wonderful person was good enough to provide an online emulator at:

which should be adequate to give you a preliminary tour of the setup. It's not perfect, but close enough.

It would probably be a good idea to ask the customer what they are using.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

I forgot to mention the hidden diagnostics menu on the 2wire 2701HG. Go to:

formatting link
you'll find many more diagnostic menus.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.