Belkin wireless router faulty - replacement?

My Belkin ADSL modem wireless router I bought last year broke down a few days ago. I'm assuming its faulty because the thing basically couldn't start up but there was power coming on.

Anyway, called the tech support guy (sounded a bit dodgy to me as he was like a cold caller) and told him the problem. He suggested a few possible solutions which I already did before making the call but to no avail. Then he told me a replacement has been requested but said nothing about returning my router back, he also didn't ask when I bought it.

Is it me or is it just weird that Belkin are not asking for the router back? because I read that people had to send their routers back in order to get the replacement. Any of you had this experience before?

Paul

Reply to
paul5114
Loading thread data ...

I had a problem where I got the new one the next day and still kept the old one. Ken

Reply to
Ken

they didn't ask for any proof that their hardware blew up on you..?

Reply to
David Fairbrother

No. I am in the UK so not sure if different attitudes. They quizzed me and asked me to plug in do things and report what was happening. They said it was bust.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.