Belkin Wireless Router Configuration

I have a Belkin 802.11b wireless router and was experimenting with some of the settings accessible by the web interface via IP address

192.168.2.1. I was trying to integrate the router into an existing wireless network run on a Linksys 802.11b router. I enabled "wireless access point" mode on the Belkin and assigned an IP address which I believe should be accessible the Linksys, 192.168.1.45. Immediately upon applying the change I lost communication with the Belkin router and have not been able to reestablish it.

Windows XP shows both routers in the wireless configuration list with excellent signal but when I try to connect to the Belkin I get a limited or no connectivity message.

I've tried to disconnect and restart the router, and to reset it using the button on the back, but am still unable to establish a connection. I suspect that it's still somehow functioning as a wireless access point and as such has limited capabilities.

Is there any way I can connect to the router directly or access it via the Linksys network to restore the original settings?

Reply to
Russ.Dilley
Loading thread data ...

You changed networks -- assuming your subnet mask is the normal

255.255.255.0, your PC probably still has a 192.168.2.x address and you moved the Belkin to 192.168.1.x -- change the ip address of the PC to a 192.168.1.x address and you should be able to talk to it.

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.