Belkin wireless AP's

SWB DSL(wish I can have fiber)

1 AP #1 (wireless) m/n f5d7130-- Belkin 1 AP & Extender #2(wireless)-- Belkin 1 laptop

AP #1 has been working for 2 years. I just replaced it with a brand new AP. My wireless network works ok except for when I walk into my bedroom on the opposite side of the house. The signal is weak and occassionally drops. This has always been a problem.

Now, I'm trying to extend my wireless network in my home. After reading the instructions in the manual, I bridged the 2 AP's together by placing the MAC's in each AP. AP #1 MAC was placed in AP #2. AP #2 MAC was placed in AP #1. I can still connect to AP #1 but when the signal is weak my laptop switches to AP #2. GOOD! but it's BAD because AP #2 is not connected to the network or AP #1. I tried the following:

pinging AP #1. failed pinging yahoo.com, of course this failed pinging AP #2. Success

I have to manually switch back to AP#1.

I called Belkin who instructed me to do all of the above. I think it was just the rep on the phone who didn't understand their product. I may call back on Monday or Tuesday to see if I can get one with more knowledge.

Do anyone have a website with information about extending the wireless signal with Belkin AP's?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks...

Reply to
Taishi
Loading thread data ...

You don't say what model of AP #2 IS.

Short

formatting link
formatting link
Rob

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.