Belkin router - turn off wireless?

Is there a method or hack to turn off and disable the wireless feature of a Belkin ADSL modem Wireless router F5D7633-4?

I only need to use it in wired mode and it interferes with my TV sender and the TV sender when on causes intermittent Internet access through the router.

I only bought the wireless version as it seems impossible these days to find a wired only router.

cheers

Bob

Reply to
saracenia-usenet
Loading thread data ...

Does it have external antennas? If so, unplugging may work.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

yes it has two stubbies which swivel and bend out to 90deg, but they seem integral to the case and cannot be removed from outside. As is only few weeks old am reluctant to dismantle case (for warranty reason only)...but as last resort maybe will have to.

tnx

Bob

Reply to
saracenia-usenet

Just removing the antennas isn't a great idea, you'd have more luck if the unit contained say a miniPCI or PCMCIA card which you could unplug. Although you might then find that if the router does a self check and fails on the radio initialisation that it fails entirely.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Nothing in the menus to disable the radio(s)? If not, and you don't want to open it up, just wrap the antennas in a few layer of aluminum foil and swivel them in such a position where they can't be seen as an eye sore. Seriously, just a few layers of foil will very effectively block all it's RF.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric

Is there no switch in the control pages?

I have > Is there a method or hack to turn off and disable the wireless feature

Reply to
hxbarney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.