Belkin router suddenly stops broadcasting wireless

Hello. I just recently purchased a Belkin F5D8233-4 N Wireless Router. It's obviously not the best but I figured it would do. Took me no time at all to set up. I have it connected via ethernet to my home PC and the cable modem. For a few days straight my laptop was getting a perfect signal everywhere throughout the house, and all seemed well.

But now, out of nowhere, my wireless light is off on the router. Every single other light is lit up... just the wireless one is out. It makes no sense to me at all. I mean, clearly I'm on the internet right now on my home PC making this post, but as far as wi-fi is concerned, it won't broadcast. It was working fine just a few days ago, just curious if anyone has any idea why everything on the router would function minus the wi-fi part.

I tried resetting factory defaults (got rid of my SSID, passwords, etc) and re-setup, but it didn't seem to change a thing. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what this may be.

Thanks!

Doug

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
dougtron
Loading thread data ...

Hardware dies. Return it for repair/replacement.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.