Belkin Modem/Router as a wireless adapter?

Hi, I wanted to know if it would be possible to use a "Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in Wireless Router" (model: F5D7630-4A) as a wireless adapter on Windows XP, and if so, how do I go about setting it up? Thanks a lot for any help.

Reply to
kal7
Loading thread data ...

On 20 Apr 2007 17:00:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dbzmail.com wrote in :

No. A wireless router is a _host_ and what you want is a _client_.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for the reply. I had read that some wireless routers could be configured so they function as a client (?) and I thought this might be one of those. I was going to buy a wireless adapter card anyway but as someone gave me this router for nothing I just wanted to see if by any chance it was possible to use it like an adapter. Thanks.

Reply to
kal7

Thanks for the reply. I had read that some wireless routers could be configured so they function as a client (?) and I thought this might be one of those. I was going to buy a wireless adapter card anyway but as someone gave me this router for nothing I just wanted to see if by any chance it was possible to use it like an adapter. Thanks.

Reply to
kal7

Reply to
kal7

On 20 Apr 2007 17:46:56 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dbzmail.com wrote in :

Some can. Most cannot.

There would have to be a mode switch. What does the manual say?

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.