Belkin F5F7050 will NOT install!

Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers for the Belkin F5D7050! I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed closely the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in the device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Turner
Loading thread data ...

A quick search pulled this up.

"My suggestion is to uninstall/remove all traces of the Belkin supplied driver and start from scratch with the latest driver from Ralink (Who made the RT2571WF chip and supplies the drivers to Belkin). Belkin is notorious for NOT updating drivers. Go to the Ralink website and download their latest driver for the USB chipset: »

formatting link
"

You should really do a Google before dumping on this group.

Cheers

Rob

Reply to
me here

Call Belkin Tech Support as I have found them really helpful.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Hey, no-one is dumping on this group Rob. Surely this is just what it is for?

Reply to
Quilljar

Belkin driver installations can often be confusing if the Belkin "installer" simply copies the installation files to a folder on the C:\\ drive, C:\\F5D7050, for example. Installing automatically will fail to find the driver package; you need to select to install from a specified location and then navigate to C:\\F5D7050 so the wizard can select the correct .inf file.

I do not know this to be the case with your product, but you might check for the referenced folder.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

In message , Paul Turner writes

Two of my highly trained and experienced (hah) colleagues also had the same problems when I lent them my F5D7050. Uninstall the device and all the software. Reboot. Plug the gadget in and wait for Windows to ask for the drivers, choose to search for the software automatically and then clear all but 'Include this location' and browse to the folder on the install CD called (surprisingly) drivers, select the XP driver folder (can't remember the exact name), Windows will find and install the driver. From this point on, Windows will manage the connection and you'll not have the bloody awful Belkin manager software. As someone else mentioned, you could get the drivers from Ralink but I've had no problems with the supplied ones.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.