Belkin F5D8230-4 Pre-N Router.

Anyone have opinion/experience with Belkin's F5D8230-4 router? A friend swears by his which he uses for gaming- 4 PCs in a 2bedroom apt. No interference from his 2.4gig phones. I would be using it for simple internet(web radio/video clips etc with two or three PC/laptop at most. Three bdr. home. Frequency hopper 2.4g phone sys with 4handset units. It got pretty good Cust. reviews from what I saw, but it is a "Pre-n" and I am leery of non-standard equip.. Thoughts?

Reply to
Giveitup
Loading thread data ...

Should also have asked about the F5D8000 pci/laptop adapter card. Thanks.

Reply to
Giveitup

I've had one for several months. No problems good coverage. In fairness, I'm only using 11g cards on the two wireless PC's.

Reply to
Scrote

I have both of the devices. They perform flawlessly with dramatically better range and speed than my previous Linksys "G" system. I upgraded for the increase in range more than for the speed increase. In what I consider a torture test, I can successfully and consistently backup and validate over

30 GB of data over a distance of about 20 feet and up one level of stairs in my house, which I was not able to do with the "G" system. As to the "pre' standard designation, at the current cost of equipment, I figure there isn't a huge financial downside to upgrading if something significantly better is included in the final "N" standard. YMMV, of course. HTH.
Reply to
Bob Horton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.