Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access point

Hi,

As my Netgear modem stopped working for the second time in 3 years I decided to replace it. I choose the Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access point, which is connected to a Netgear FM114P router, printer server and wireless access point.

When connecting from my laptop using a Netgear MA 521 pcmia card and performing my ISP's speed test I only get 550Kbps when connected to the Belkin wireless access point, but 950Kbps when connecting to the Netgear wireless access point

If I swap the Netgear MA 521 for a Netgear MA 401 then the speed is the same (950Kbps) for both Belkin and Netgear wireless access point.

OS is XP and my ADSL line is rated at 1Mbps, which is why the speed test 950Kbps. The change to swap from the Belkin to the Netgear wireless access point is ot change the SSID; I am not using any encryption.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to improve the speed of the MA521 when connected to the Belkin wirelessaccess point? I tried Belkin support and couldn't offer any suggests.

Regards

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.