Belkin F5D7230v4 Wireless Router IP Loss

My Belkin Wireless router, model F5D7230v4, a 4 wire plus wireless router worked fine with 2-3 wired computers and a wireless connection for a few months. Then started "crashing" frequently. It does this when the wireless is on an my wireless laptop connects. It will work for awhile, then goes into partial connection mode, losing the IP addresses for all my devices. The router lights go yellow. If I leave the wireless laptop on and reset the router, the problem will repeat in a little while. I've tried resetting and turning off all the computers and bring them up one at time. I have flashed new firmware (now version 6.00.28), but the symptom repeats. It does it with two different laptops and Wifi cards. Anyone have similar experience with this?

Reply to
m.vassmer
Loading thread data ...

No.

I have a Belkin - just for wired desktop and wireless laptop in home. I'm not gonna go for the Bel kin #, but we got it 6-10 mos ago - it's fine, except when the 2.4 G phone trashes connetion.

More info. " goes into partial connection mode, losing the IP addresses for all my devices" is strange.

" If I leave and bring them up one at time." doesn't compute.

What do I know but

What, if any, change made after itn worked forna few months and before it failed? (Yeah, I usually can't rememb.er) But this is usually the cause when it starts after good performance. Unless the piece quit.

Unplug/disconnect all wired computers, reboot what's left, and see what happens.

Try it only with the wired machines. Starting with one at a time.

I know zip about WI-FI. I assume your first laptop card was set for your home Belkin router So what's this?

" It does it with two different laptops and Wifi cards."

And you might define "Then started "crashing" frequently. "

Brad

Reply to
avalanche*

On 18 Dec 2006 20:43:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com wrote in :

Your router is probably "falling over" due to excessive traffic and/or connections. Cheap low-end routers often have severe limits on how much activity they can handle. Try a better router (e.g., Buffalo).

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.