Belkin F5D7230-4

I just bought a Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router/access point (hardware version 4001). I'd like to get firmware to run on it that would allow me to use WPA-RADIUS (only pre-shared keys are available in the firmware I have). No help from Belkin's site. Anyone out there have this model and firmware that supports Enterprise WPA?

Reply to
Fman99
Loading thread data ...

I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 at work. Firmware version 4.03.03 . I don't have a radius server but WPA (with Radius Server) is selectable in the Security Mode pull down box.

I don't know the hardware version, and don 't know where to find that.

Reply to
Jerry Park

The hardware version is on a sticker on the underside of the AP. Mine says 'Ver. 4001' and is above the other stickers for the MAC addresses and the serial number.

Also, does your AP have > snipped-for-privacy@iw>

Reply to
Fman99

Belkin shows three devices named F5D7230-4. Two with a hardware version number appended (_v3000 or _v4000) and one with no hardware version appended. Mine is apparently the one without the hardware version appended.

Mine has two antennae. The manual for the _v4000 indicates it supports WPA with radius. It also shows the device with one antennae.

Belkin's site is confusing. The _v3000 device has a firmware update with a larger number than the firmware for my device, but an earlier date. The _v4000 shows no firmware update.

I suppose if I were you, I'd c> The hardware version is on a sticker on the underside of the AP. Mine

Reply to
Jerry Park

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.