Belkin F5D7050 ver.2011 Wireless G USB Adapter Hardware Issue

I bought a Belkin F5D7050 ver.2011 USB adapter for my notebook on Sunday. It installed fine the first day, until about when I logged off. At that point the other users on my computer couldn't use it because Windows XP (SP2) fails to recognize that its connected to the USB port. I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but nothing happens. It won't show up under my account either, Windows insists that there are two available USB 1.1 ports when in fact there is only one because the adapter is plugged in. Stranger still...if I connect an un-powered USB Hub and connect it that way it will recognize it, but still can't use it because the Hub doesn't have enough power. And I lost the AC adapter for the Hub. I have to use the little extender dock

formatting link
that came with it because it is physically impossible to plug in the adapter directly. Please help.

Reply to
WCH
Loading thread data ...

"WCH" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Hi,

I had a similar experience with the a.m. adapter version 1000.

Try this (I hope you may understand the terms, I translate from my italian version of XP):

right click: my computer- properties. go under the harware page - device manager and take a look if (with the 7050 plugged) there's a USB peripheral with a yellow esclamation mark and a general name like "usb device". If there's one, it's the belkin (for a further check you could unplug-replug the adapter and look what happens in the page). Then right- click on it and disable (not unistall). After that, right-click it again and reinstall the drivers. Shouldn't be necessary to put the drivers disk in. If it works, you're done, just pay attention that I had to repeat the operation by plugging the adapter in every USB ports your pc owns. I don't know why, but it worked perfectly with me.

Ciao

Maurizio

Reply to
brullo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.