belkin F5D6230 redirect port

works only

A dynamic IP will work until it is changed by an ISP lease expire. You then have to let everybody know the new IP address. I have had my cable connection for 4 months and my IP has never changed although it is a dynamic IP. There are services ( some free and some pay) that will give you a www name and some software that will update your IP everytime it changes. So all a person needs to know is the www name. One such service is

formatting link

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

i own a belkin F5D6230 wireless router. in the configuration there is the option (virtual server) to redirect ports to internal ips, but i've had no luck with this. i'm trying to make a stream server, and i would like to open port 8000 and redirect it to a pc on my internal network. the user-manual of the router says that the "virtual server" option works only with a fixed ip, which i don't have, but i've read elsewhere this isn't true. should i be able to redirect the port even with a dynamical ip? is there any way i can make my streaming server accessibile from the internet? thanks

renna

Reply to
renna

Airhead:

yes ok but this is not my problem. i need to know if this router is able to redirect ports if the ip is set to dynamic. on the manual this is claimed to not work, but elsewhere i've read it does.

Reply to
renna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.