BEFw11S4 and firmware

I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v2. I can't the flash to hold. I want to change the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 to 192.158.2.1. The router won't restart after I make the change.

Is there a way to flash the bios like the Linksys WT54G with DD-WRT?

thanks

Reply to
David Sherman
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:17:20 -0400, David Sherman wrote in :

Check the list of hardware supported by DD-WRT.

Reply to
John Navas

It's a known problem with the BEFW11S4 v2. Search alt.internet wireless for "BEFW11S4 lost settings". 27 hits.

No.

See:

for supported hardware.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Opener link

formatting link
show BEFSR41

as for DD-WRT - no support.

I can't f>>

Reply to
David Sherman

On Tue, 01 May 2007 09:05:56 -0400, David Sherman wrote in :

Follow the link and you'll find just notes, not support.

In other words, the same.

What Jeff actually suggested was

29 hits.

p.s. Please don't switch posting styles (top vs bottom) in mid-thread

-- it makes the thread confusing and hard to follow. Thanks.

Reply to
John Navas

David Sherman hath wroth:

The BEFSR41 is just an ethernet router. No wireless. It's in the same "family" of boards as the BEFW11S4, but uses a different chipset. Won't work.

Yep.

See John's posting for the exact URL.

The idea was to teach you how to search a newsgroup *BEFORE* asking. The trick is to pick the correct buzzwords, which incidentally took me several tries. You use Google Groups to search usenet news, not the general Google search of the entire internet.

Start here:

I suggest you bookmark this page as it's a bit clumsy to navigate to from the Google home page.

- In the "Group" box, insert "alt.internet.wireless" without the quotes.

- In the "Find messages with all the words", insert "BEFW11S4 lost settings" without the quotes.

- Hit "Google Search" button.

I get 28 hits.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.