Basic WiFi Security for Vista

Can anyone help me? I need some basic advice about how to secure my WiFi with Vista.

My motherboard came with WiFi included. All I've done is installed the wifi driver recomended for Vista and plug the Wifi antenae into the mother board and WiFi now seems to work. The problem is that it seems completely unsecured. I was able to connect with my mobile device without having to give a password.

I've tried looking for security advice on the net but all the advice seems to assume you have a wireless router which I don't have.

Any help would appreciated, even if it's only advice about where to start looking.

The motherboard is an Asus A8V-E Deluxe.

Reply to
John Kinkade
Loading thread data ...

Please don't use the words "secure" or "security" in the same sentence as "Vista". It makes me begin to giggle uncontrollably.

Reply to
the_bmac

On 20 Apr 2007 03:42:40 -0700, John Kinkade wrote in :

Start looking in the wikis below. When using open Wi-Fi, you need VPN to provide security.

Reply to
John Navas

Yeah I almost pissed my pants laughing so hard ;)

Reply to
David

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.