Automate MAC & HOSTNAME changes in Linksys WRT54G NAT wireless router

Is there an existing automated way to change the MAC address & hostname of my home ROUTER (Linksys WRT54G)?

I know about Gorlani's MacMakeUp manual MAC address-spoofing tool but it works on the WinXP computer - but this doesn't help anyone behind a NAT router - as the ROUTER's MAC address is what the Internet "sees"

formatting link
Manually, I can change the MAC address of the Linksys WRT54G wireless NAT by going to the Linksys WRT54G MAC Address tool inside the router at http://192.168.10.10/WanMAC.htm - which works fine - and can do the same with the router HOSTNAME (which the Internet also sees) - but these changes are all manual.

Since the Linksys WRT54G router runs Linux, I started googling for a more automated way to periodically change both the router's MAC address (which is the only MAC address the Internet sees) and the router's host name. I soon came across you guys in the process (e.g., Mad Macs changes both the host name and MAC address of the PC NIC card

formatting link
. But Mad Macs won't do a thing to change the MAC address or HOSTNAME shown to the Internet because the ROUTER's hostname and MAC address are what the Internet "sees".

In digging through your archives for a script to run on the ROUTER, I see you guys wrote automated scripts to spoof the MAC address & hostname of Windows & Linux PCs

formatting link
... but being behind a NAT ......

Has anyone yet written a program to automatically change the MAC address & HOSTNAME of the wireless router?

I also asked this question at binrev but haven't seen any response yet

formatting link

Reply to
yellowgirlnc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.