assistance with emule and winmx

It's called use the port forwarding feature on the router. That requires that you know what inbound ports emule and winmx need to have open on the router.

I suggest you call D-Link's Tech Support or visit their Website Support Knowledge Base to figure out how to set the router to do port forwarding.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold
Loading thread data ...

If you have port forwarded those ports correctly to a LAN side IP/machine, then there is no reason for it not to work, unless you have a PFW or someother packet filtering software running on the machine that must be configured too.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Hi,

I had a wireless network set up about a month ago and ended up taking in back to the shop. My problem was that I was unable to use emule or winmx - my fav p2p programs.

I had a dlink di 624, a dwl g520 card in my desktop machine and dwl g650 card in a notebook. I was able to retain and maintain a reasonable network however even after assistance from dlink i couldnt get the emule to function properly and winmx wouldn't accept a primary connection.

Now I have a new centrino notebook i would like to network the machines again wirelessly. But, before I do so - does anyone have any experience with setting up a wireless router/adsl modem to enable emule or winmx to function correctly. I am confortable with the setting up of the hardware and network software - just would like to get some experiences with the p2p products and how to tweak them for the wireless system.

If you have these working, please let me know which router/modem you use and how you configured them.

thanks

Doug

Reply to
gordon

Thanks Duane

But I mentioned that I have already done that. - and was not successful.

I am keen to find out if anyone else has followed dlinks instructions and if they worked.

I could use kazaa - but that seems to have too much p*rn for my liking and not enough of the things that I like to download.

Reply to
gordon

I'm happy to try the set up again and put it back to dlink if the thing doesnt work.

thanks aga>

Reply to
gordon

I have DI-624 and i needed to open the ports. (I also use Emule) If you want i open it to you, please, contact me. ( snipped-for-privacy@max-systems.com) I can access remotly your pc and Router.

Max Malta

gordon escreveu:

Reply to
contato

Hi,

I'm using D-Link stuff and Emule here. Ran into that issue a while back, but was easily able to resolve it. Can't remember if I found the info from D-Link's or Emule's website, but looking at the entries in my router (DI-764) opening the following should get ya up and going:

TCP 4662/4662 (private/public) UDP 4672/4672

Either port forward or virtual server, depending on the language of the DI-624. I'm pointing both to a single private IP as I only wanted Emule running on one computer.

Cheers!

-E

Reply to
Eras

I am sure the OP will do that one. ;-)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.