Are DLink DWA-547 and USR 5451A MAXg incompatible?

Hello,

I have a DLink DWA-547 wireless card and a USRobotics 5451A MAXg access point... Both devices are wi-fi certified.

I've tried to realize a wireless network with them, but something's not right. I mean, both devices are configured correctly (WPA2 passfrase, AES protocol, etc.), nevertheless the access point doesn't want to authenticate the wireless client (DLink DWA-547).

Is there a solution to my problem?

Regards.

Reply to
ant
Loading thread data ...

ant hath wroth:

I won't say anything nice about Wi-Fi certification.

Sure. Try WPA-PSK-TKIP. I've seen a few compatibility issues with AES encryption between random devices and firmware mutations. Also, make sure you have the router set to WPA-PSK (also known as WPA-Personal) and not to WPA-RADIUS (also known as WPA-Enterprise).

The DWA-547 is a UK only card. Check for up to date driver software.

You might wanna check if you have the latest firmware on the USR Router:

If the problem persists, you might want to disclose the exact error message instead of "doesn't want to authenticate", along with some clue as to what hardware and operating system you're running with the Dlink.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.