AP in bridge mode don't act as WAP...

Hi, I had setup a wireless bridge beetween a remote router and an access point, where I can connect my PC using an ethernet cable. Now I want to access Internet from my PC without using the ethernet cable, but wireless. I know that in bridge mode, the access point do not act as a WAP... can anyone help me? I already tried connecting another access point to the AP in my home, but it doesn't work!

Thanks,

Claudio

Reply to
Claudio Zanetta
Loading thread data ...

Try setting your router up as a repeater instead of a bridge.

Reply to
NetSteady

I didn't find this option in my router, I only have a WDS option and using this it works fine, but too slow, instead in bridge mode it works very fast, but I can't connect my pc using wireless. Do you have any idea why adding another AP it doesn't work?

Claudio

Reply to
Claudio Zanetta

Have you tried using a "crossed" cable or a hub/switch?

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

A crossed cable, I can ping my AP but Internet doesn't work.

Claudio

Reply to
Claudio Zanetta

Does the AP you can ping have its DHCP server turned on?

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

I think that one would of expected that as it is repeating information. I would also imagine it might be 50% or more slower.

Reply to
David

No, all static ip.

Claudio

"Axel Hammerschmidt" ha scritto nel messaggio news:1hs94so.1xtjzli64bf2gN% snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
Claudio Zanetta

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:57:39 GMT, "Claudio Zanetta" wrote in :

That should work if connected and configured correctly:

+----------+ +----------+ | Wireless | | Wireless | ......... Ethernet +--------+ Access ......... | Bridge | CAT5 | Point | +----------+ +----------+
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.