AP Client & AP with different chipsets - does it work?

I want do connect AP in AP Client mode with another AP (operating as a base station). However, they have differents chipsets. Is there any chance it will work?

Reply to
jake
Loading thread data ...

Yes unless you want turbo mode. The basic protocols are all standardized but turbo mode is not. This is assuming both follow the protocols. There is a Wifi mark which should indicate that interworking has been tested. Obviously you would need to set the two boxes into the same modes.

David

Reply to
David Goodenough

What is 'turbo mode'? You mean 108 Mb/s? Both my APs work in 54 Mb mode (standard g). But I've heard (and read on Usenet) that it could be a problem due to differences in chipsets (frankly, I didn't believe it). I hope it's not truth.

Thanks

Reply to
jake

It _shouldn't_ be a problem - otherwise, why bother creating standards in the first place. All 802.11g APs should work with all 802.11g clients. There are, of course, always exceptions...

Reply to
Derek Broughton
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

It isn't a problem. That's what Wi-Fi Certification is all about.

Reply to
John Navas

I've just tested it. It's working! thanks

Reply to
jake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.