Antenna

My computer sits on the floor under the desk. The signal from the PCI adapter antenna is blocked by the computer in the direction it needs to see the wireless router. If I turn the computer sideways the signal strength comes up to an acceptable level. Does anyone know of a magnet mount antenna that can be used on top of the computer case or on the desktop?

Thanks, GC

Reply to
Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I have used the "Hawking HAI6SDA Directional 6dBi 2.4GHz Antenna" with good success on a Netgear WG311 PCI card.

Reply to
dold

Probably want to stay away from Magnet Mount antenna's. Too many things in that box can belly up an the sniff of one.

I use a little deskt>> My computer sits on the floor under the desk. The signal from the PCI

Reply to
bumtracks

Your mail address looks like a Ham call-sign. Have you tried putting a piece of aluminum foil on the wall as a reflector? Keep it away from the back of the computer - it's probably already having enough problems with blocked airflow, dust bunnies and the like.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.