Another weird Wireless problem

Hi all: I recently posted here about my wireless indcator light for my HP Pavillion Laptop. Here's another weird problem. The other day, I had Verizon install FIOS. Seems great They gave me a new wireless router and I disconnected the old one completely. The Verizon tech installed the new wireless router and gave it a completely new name. Oddly enough, my old router name still comes up when I do a search on wireless networks. I can connect to it as well. Maybe a neighbor has assumed the name of my old router? Seems really odd. Anyone know what could be going on? By the way, the blue indicator stills goes out, but I still get connectivity (when iti si out) but slow. M

Reply to
mstrspy
Loading thread data ...

Windows apparently has a habit of remembering networks it once connected to - I have an old MacG5 in my garden shed and when I fire it up, it still remembers and "connects to" the wireless network it connected to, before I moved house... :-)

You could delete all network connections and start from scratch.

Perhaps - was it set to the default eg netgear, linksys etc.

Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

I didn't realise a MAC G5 ran Windows... :-)

Reply to
Doz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.