Another Victim of Linksys.

I bought a linksys wireless adopet fromn Compusa. It scredew up mu log in screen. Lyksys is nothing but a rip off and COMPUSA sells nothing but ripoffs.

Reply to
flamestar
Loading thread data ...

If you have all your documentation in order and are ready to undergo an inquisition-type grilling, you can get some help from LinkSys Customer Service..From the Philippines, I might add. 800 numbers and on-line chat are available. Of course time-zones are different..Luck to you. Will be long and rigorous..but you have a LinkSys device and what goes with it!!!

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Gross exaggeration won't help you much. Have you tried explaining what product you have, what you did... and what resulted... exactly? bj

Reply to
chicagofan

Could it be your typing that's causing the problem?

Reply to
Neill Massello

Hmmm. Are you the one who blames everything, everyone but yourself when things don't go well? What's wrong with Linksys? You did not even mention your hardware platform, OS, or problem you incurred.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I am wrong about COMPUSA most of its products are quite good.Linksys sucks just google linksys and see what people are saying.

--------------------------

Linksys Hookup Nightmare ... Pictures? I thought we dumped hieroglyphics in favor of ASCII text about 2000 years ago. Just how basic do you need the instructions? Linksys EasyLink Advisor. ... alt.internet.wireless - Dec 2 2006, 1:14 pm by Jeff Liebermann - 15 messages - 10 authors

Linksys vulnerability? Linksys makes a shitty product. ... I have a Linksys BEFSR41 firewall connected to my comcast cable modem. It has worked flawlessly for years. ... comp.security.firewalls - Mar 22 2004, 10:26 am by Tarapia Tapioco - 6 messages - 5 authors

Beating a Dead Horse - UPnP - Linksys BEFSR41 ... You may want to contact Linksys about this one:

formatting link
_____ Jonathan Kay Windows MVP ... microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger - Feb 9 2003, 11:36 am by Jonathan Kay [MVP] - 7 messages - 2 authors

Linksys WAG54GS and the Power goes down... ... I manage a number of remote networks for companies and I always use Linksys ADSL Modem / Routers, as a standard I've tended to use the LINKSYS WAG54G-UK... ... microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware - Oct 8 2006, 10:17 am by Chris H. - 4 messages - 2 authors

Linksys and Airport and WEP oh my In article OK you Linksys mavens out there, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here... I have one of those lovely Linksys BEFW11s4 ... comp.sys.mac.comm - Dec 1 2002, 4:12 pm by Tom Stiller - 5 messages - 3 authors

Blue linksys DSL switches We have a blue linksys DSL box. I am ... But how would the rest of the world be able to see this computer behind the linksys box? I do ... comp.os.linux.networking - Nov 6 2003, 9:16 pm by David Efflandt - 8 messages - 5 authors

Reply to
flamestar

"flamestar" hath wroth:

Ok. Let's do just that. Googling for various manufacturers (with the quote marks): "Linksys sucks" yields 4070 hits. "Cisco sucks" yields 2530 hits. "Netgear sucks" yields 1580 hits. "Dlink sucks" yields 941 hits. "Belkin sucks" yields 672 hits. Belkin is the winner as the wireless manufactory that sucks the lease. Buy Belkin. It's all very scientific.

Yep. I wrote that.

So, you bought a BEFW11S4 at CompUSA? I can see you did zero research before buying. Linksys doesn't manufacture anything. They put their name on products thrown together by various international manufactories. Some are really good. Some are crap. You apparently bought crap. However, you don't seem to care about getting help making your purchase work. You're only interesting in complaining and attracting comments.

I think you missed a few of my messages:

16,129 postings since 1994. 5,043 in alt.internet.wireless Hmmm.... Methinks I might be posting too much.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

[engaging tongue-in-cheek mode]

Perhaps one reason Linksys was listed so often is that its been sold in Walmart at least two years before Belkin.

Consider the average skill set level of Walmart shoppers.

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

Hi, So how many Linksys was sold vs. Belkin overall?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

It's likely that the linksys sucks query is so much higher because they sell so much product. Skill and general understand have a lot to do with the way someone perceives a product....

Adair

Reply to
Adair Witner

No you are the corporate phony who defends every bad product. Why should I mention my platform as you are not interred in helping anyone? Besides I know how to fix it.

Reply to
flamestar

The rate of complaint is important not the number of complaints. A random sample of messages yeild a high rate of complaints for linksys. Moreover the kind of complains is import and linksys hurts computers rather then merely not work.

Reply to
flamestar

The number of complaints does not control for the popularity of a product. A good product with a low RATE of complaints will likely have a large number of complaints because of high sales. If a product had a

1% percent complaint rate then a 1,000,000 sales would yield 1000 complaints. If a product had a 50% percent complaint rate then a 100 sales would yield 50 complaints. Moreover this idea doesn't address the rate of complaint per discussion. If most discussions about a product are positive and another product most discussions are negative that indicates a difference in the quality of a product. So talking a random sample based on Google rate of relevance yields this about BELKIN.

Belkin wireless router WAN/LAN problem Hi, I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router and I am trying to set it up in my house with CAT 5 outlets in several rooms (one outlet per room). ... alt.internet.wireless - Jul 29 2006, 9:36 pm by Robert Coe - 11 messages - 4 authors

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Belkin 802.11g Wireless card F5D7001 card Thanks for the help looks like a Belkin router might be the answer. I just recently purchased a Belkin 802.11g Wireless card F5D7001 card. ... alt.internet.wireless - Feb 20 2005, 12:45 am by @Winkie - 7 messages -

5 authors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access ... I choose the Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access point, which is connected to a Netgear FM114P router, printer server and wireless ... alt.internet.wireless - Apr 27 2006, 9:08 pm by nemo2 - 1 message - 1 author

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin vs 3Com ... I came across the Belkin F5D7633UK4A, which someone said was the same hardware as the 3Com one; and it's available from broadbandbuyer, who will ship to my ... uk.telecom.broadband - Aug 31 2006, 7:48 pm by Gaz - 5 messages - 3 authors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin router ... network. These are handled by a Belkin FSD 7632-4 router. I ... internet. I can't even access the Belkin's configuration page. However ... uk.comp.home-networking - Apr 22 2006, 2:06 pm by Conor - 13 messages -

7 authors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ipaq 3650 with Belkin CF WIFI card - connection problems spambegone.coSun, 16 Jan 2005 22:15:39 (Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:15:39) about "Re: ipaq

3650 with Belkin CF WIFI card - connection problems": I can't get my iPAQ ... microsoft.public.pocketpc - Jan 17 2005, 10:10 am by Sooner Al - 6 messages - 3 authors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing a Belkin wireless router on a network with two ... I bought a Belkin wireless router (part # F5D7230-4) and a Belkin notebook card (F5D7010) so that I can network my new laptop computer. ... comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows - Apr 26 2005, 3:51 pm by Daniel Prince - 5 messages - 3 authors

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Belkin router connect to airport base station? I can see my Ibook seperately on the Belkin Router and it naturally assigned it an ip address, however how do configure safari to use the shared connection? ... comp.sys.mac.comm - Dec 4 2004, 7:09 am by Bob Harris - 5 messages

Where are the complaints? People are asking for help rather then complaining. They aren't complaining because BELKIN is a better product.

The rate of complaints is not as bad as the nature of complaints. Linksys causes problems while most complaints are about a product not working. In this case the product is hurting people's computer systems. I am not saying that Linksys software contains a virus only that the software is buggy and creates problems. However if one product merely didn't work and another contained a virus then the product with the virus would be far worse then one that merely didn't work to spite the rate of complaints.

Linksys shouldn't sell a product that hurts its customers. The responsible thing would be to remove the harmful products from stores and offer people who brought the product a fix. They don't even offer fix. All they would have to do is apologize and put a fix on their web site and I would not have complained at all. I went to the site and nothing was mentioned. I checked out their forum people are asking to help and they are being ignored by Linksys and the only help that is get is from other users.

ALL LINKSYS NEEDS TO DO IS OFFER A FIX ON THEIR WEB SITE

Reply to
flamestar

The number of complaints does not control for the popularity of a product. A good product with a low RATE of complaints will likely have a large number of complaints because of high sales. If a product had a

1% percent complaint rate then a 1,000,000 sales would yield 1000 complaints. If a product had a 50% percent complaint rate then a 100 sales would yield 50 complaints. Moreover this idea doesn't address the rate of complaint per discussion. If most discussions about a product are positive and another product most discussions are negative that indicates a difference in the quality of a product. So talking a random sample based on Google rate of relevance yields this about BELKIN.

Belkin wireless router WAN/LAN problem Hi, I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router and I am trying to set it up in my house with CAT 5 outlets in several rooms (one outlet per room). ... alt.internet.wireless - Jul 29 2006, 9:36 pm by Robert Coe - 11 messages - 4 authors

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Belkin 802.11g Wireless card F5D7001 card Thanks for the help looks like a Belkin router might be the answer. I just recently purchased a Belkin 802.11g Wireless card F5D7001 card. ... alt.internet.wireless - Feb 20 2005, 12:45 am by @Winkie - 7 messages -

5 authors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access ... I choose the Belkin F5D7633 ADSL modem, router and highspeed wireless access point, which is connected to a Netgear FM114P router, printer server and wireless ... alt.internet.wireless - Apr 27 2006, 9:08 pm by nemo2 - 1 message - 1 author

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin vs 3Com ... I came across the Belkin F5D7633UK4A, which someone said was the same hardware as the 3Com one; and it's available from broadbandbuyer, who will ship to my ... uk.telecom.broadband - Aug 31 2006, 7:48 pm by Gaz - 5 messages - 3 authors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belkin router ... network. These are handled by a Belkin FSD 7632-4 router. I ... internet. I can't even access the Belkin's configuration page. However ... uk.comp.home-networking - Apr 22 2006, 2:06 pm by Conor - 13 messages -

7 authors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ipaq 3650 with Belkin CF WIFI card - connection problems spambegone.coSun, 16 Jan 2005 22:15:39 (Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:15:39) about "Re: ipaq

3650 with Belkin CF WIFI card - connection problems": I can't get my iPAQ ... microsoft.public.pocketpc - Jan 17 2005, 10:10 am by Sooner Al - 6 messages - 3 authors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing a Belkin wireless router on a network with two ... I bought a Belkin wireless router (part # F5D7230-4) and a Belkin notebook card (F5D7010) so that I can network my new laptop computer. ... comp.os.ms-windows.networking.windows - Apr 26 2005, 3:51 pm by Daniel Prince - 5 messages - 3 authors

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Belkin router connect to airport base station? I can see my Ibook seperately on the Belkin Router and it naturally assigned it an ip address, however how do configure safari to use the shared connection? ... comp.sys.mac.comm - Dec 4 2004, 7:09 am by Bob Harris - 5 messages

Where are the complaints? People are asking for help rather then complaining. They aren't complaining because BELKIN is a better product.

The rate of complaints is not as bad as the nature of complaints. Linksys causes problems while most complaints are about a product not working. In this case the product is hurting people's computer systems. I am not saying that Linksys software contains a virus only that the software is buggy and creates problems. However if one product merely didn't work and another contained a virus then the product with the virus would be far worse then one that merely didn't work to spite the rate of complaints.

Linksys shouldn't sell a product that hurts its customers. The responsible thing would be to remove the harmful products from stores and offer people who brought the product a fix. They don't even offer fix. All they would have to do is apologize and put a fix on their web site and I would not have complained at all. I went to the site and nothing was mentioned. I checked out their forum people are asking to help and they are being ignored by Linksys and the only help that is get is from other users.

ALL LINKSYS NEEDS TO DO IS OFFER A FIX ON THEIR WEB SITE

Reply to
flamestar

. I wrote that.

I know how to fix the problem. As for buying the product a friend who knows computers got it for me. He made a mistake in not realizing that Linksys and Compusa would knowingly sell a malicious product. By the way selling malicious products is wrong even if you don't think so.

You blame me for that fact that Linksys is hurting people's systems. You clearly have no sense of responsibility and blame the victim rather then the criminal.

Reply to
flamestar

Good answer. I got the Linksys compact Wireless-G USB Adapter and later found that it took away my log in screen and made it impossible to switcher users. I am pretty sure I know how to fix it. My problem with linksys USB compact is they are selling a product that hurts people's computers.

Reply to
flamestar

You've still yet to say what exactly was harmed by using a linksys product... and I really don't think compusa has anything to do with linksys being crappy or not.. There are a ton of places that sell linksys products.. Persoanlly you are a moron.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Witner

Troll

Reply to
Adair Witner

"flamestar" hath wroth:

What problem? What product? Is it a secret?

So, you're blaming Linksys and CompUSA for your friends lack of experience, lack of research, and lack of product knowledge. When I recommend a product to a customer, and it turns out to be a lemon, I end up dealing with the issues and sometimes eating the costs. Where's your friend now? That's also why I hesistate to recommend anything I haven't personally tried and have a clue how it works.

Malicious? "Having the nature of or resulting from malice; deliberately harmful; spiteful." So, Linksys and CompUSA conspired to intentionally sell you a product that was specifically intended to trash your computah and ruin your day? Are you suggesting that they did it intentionally? You should be honored that they would consider you worthy of their collective malicious attention. Perhaps you're being a bit overly paranoid?

Sure. The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone. You'll do quite nicely.

Victim? You did create a Windoze restore point before installing the software? Surely you understand why one does this. Did you bother to download the latest drivers or firmware? I don't blame the victim because there is no victim. Only a clueless user, who is fishing for a culprit to substitute for his own lack of experience. If anything, Linksys and CompUSA are about to become victims as they loose money every time someone returns a product.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I bought one of those, plugged it in and set it up with no problems. Still working just fine 10 months later.

Reply to
Pen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.