American Timber Bamboo

This bamboo surprised me by sending out shoots away from the water into the hard packed dry soil. It's growing better than I expected it would in West Texas desert. Big strong shoots are going out in every direction. It grows bigger, taller, stronger every year.

Now if I could keep the damn rabbits from eating the young shoots there would be a lot more bamboo. When my old house cat was alive she never let the rabbits live long enough to be a problem. The new cat is just learning how to hunt and the rabbits have grown to big for her to kill. When she has kittens in a few months and they get big enough to hunt there won't be a rabbit left in this area.

Reply to
possum
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
possum

Well, now, bamboo _is_ pretty much wireless.... :-)

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

It also grows pretty tall, so you can lash your wireless antenna to it...

(And not that I think about it, isn't bamboo, at least when dry, pretty transparent to radio waves? So you could build an enclosure out if it and stick your radio equipment inside...)

Reply to
danny burstein

I built a Flag antenna using bamboo that I cut, dried and epoxy painted. I used 4-10 ft pieces for the spreaders, it lasted about 7 years before I had problems with it. I replaced it with fiberglass that only lasted 5 years. Now I have an internet radio, it ruined my interest in building antennas. :-( Mike

Reply to
amdx

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.