Alternate Client Utility?

I have an Orinoco b/g Gold adapter. Love the hardware -- hate the software! Is it possible to use a different client utility to manage the network adapter? If so, what are some of the preferred client utilities out there?

I am using a Proxim Orinico b/g PC Card Gold adapter (8470-WD) on a Win2000 Prof. laptop.

Thanks, X_HOBBES

Reply to
X_HOBBES
Loading thread data ...

Does anyone know?

X_HOBBES

Reply to
X_HOBBES

If this is an Win 2K, XP or Win 2K3 O/S, then you can use the Device Manager and configure the card and forget about using the card's utility.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I don't use the Orinoco client at all on WinXP-SP2, I just use the Windows tools. On Win2000, I needed it, but maybe that has changed with some updates.

After installing the Orinoco drivers, maybe you would want to use Boingo.com to manage multiple profiles. I used the Orinoco client, and I didn't hate it, so I don't know what you are looking for.

Reply to
dold

Drop the ZZZ to reply

Cheers ...

Reply to
Chris_D

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am running Win2000 Prof. and it does not have a built-in wireless client utility, so I must use either the WiFi adapter manufacturer's client or another 3rd party utility. I am looking for 3rd party client utility choices. I will check

formatting link

Thanks, X_HOBBES

Reply to
X_HOBBES

No one said it had a built-in client utility. The O/S does gave the means to configure the wireless NIC with the Device Manager of the O/S when the node of the wireless NIC is right-clicked/Properties/Advanced. One can also install the driver for the NIC there too.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.