ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:50:14 -0600, Peabody wrote in :

"And pigs have wings." $5 says you can't find any such service from RSA.

Bad idea, since the CD-R then becomes a security weakness. If you must use a device, go with a USB drive instead, and

*securely* erase it afterward. Or at least a CD-RW, *securely* erased, *not* just quick erased.

Won't help. "Just say no." Use something else that's better.

Bad idea, since that greatly reduces key entropy.

Hard to say if that would actually be good or bad.

What do you have against dice?

Not necessarily. Security is *HARD*, and not at all intuitive, even to many experts.

That's dangerously naive.

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

So? Its Marketing Blurb, not a white paper presented to the latest DefCon meeting. Read the salespitch for /any/ security s/w lately? Noticed any wild hyperbole in ISP's salespitch, or operating system makers' latest offerings ? No? Considered getting a brain transplant?

John is a past master at spreading his very own FUD, so this is quite a funny quote.

Its scary how many people believe all the FUD they read on the web, and even more scary how few people bother to carry out any independent assessment.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Irrelevant and axiomatic. Any password is insecure once its source is compromised. Even John's.

More to the point, I think.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:18:27 +0000, Mark McIntyre wrote in :

Including you. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:20:28 +0000, Mark McIntyre wrote in :

Actually quite relevant.

Mine can't be compromised. Feel free to prove me wrong, if you can.

Reply to
John Navas

Your reply was well written and your point is well received. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:21:12 GMT, "Doug Jamal" wrote in :

I sincerely thank you for your gracious response. To be clear, notwithstanding our different perspectives, I sincerely respect your point of view.

Reply to
John Navas

Thank you, Mr. Navas. I appreciate that.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Is this insecurity within WPA related to algebraic attacks at all? If it is there is a couple good thesis written on similar + prevention methods for A5/1 & 2. H

Reply to
Dwiz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.